The basic idea of library is to transform Library service by making them more personalize more interactive, more collaborative and more web-based, driven by community needs. The SCERT Library Collects, Organizes and Disseminates Primary, Secondary and Tertiary resources in school education, it Support Academics, Researchers and Staff through conventional references SCERT Library is located in the central part of the main building comprising Reading room that can Host around 20 readers at a time in a well ventilated condition with sufficient lighting and good academic environment. The main objective of the SCERT Library is to supplement the efforts of the SCERT in fulfillment of its main objective towards Quality improvement of School Education and District Institute of Education and Training Colleges in the State. In this context the main function of Library in Documentation and Information is as follows.
The Functions of SCERT Library
- To Support Academics, Researchers, Text Book Writers, Module writers and Mana TV lesson programme designers through conventional references and document delivery services from time to time.
- To collect organize and disseminate Primary, Secondary and Tertiary resources in School Education.
- It also extending resource to Sister Organizations like Andhra Pradesh Open School Society an Rajiv Vidya Mission (SSA), Hyderabad
Information is a source of instant power as it facilitates decision-making, problem solving, and action-taking. Information Literacy is the ability to make sense of information for managing success and staying ahead of change and competition.
- P.C. Quest
- Data Quest
- Readers Digest
- Competition Success Review
- Competition Refresher
- Science Reporter
- India Today
- Vijeta Competition
- School Science
- Journal of Indian Education
- The Primary Teacher
The library enriched with 6,000 volumes covering various subjects like Education, Psychology, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, English, Telugu, Urdu, Hindi, Philosophy, Statistics and other General Books.
REFERENCE BOOKS IN ENGLISH
Apart from Books and Journals, reference books which are detailed below are also available
- Encyclopedia of Education
- Year Books
- Education Code
- Fundamental rules.
REFERENCE BOOKS IN TELUGU
- Shabdha Ratnakaram
- Amara Kosham
- Telugu Dictionary - By Shankar Narayana
It subscribe the following newspapers
- Deccan Chronicle
- Andhra Jyothi
The Following materials is being added to the stock of the SCERT, Library
- Textbooks from CBSE, ICSE, NCERT (All in English)
- Textbooks from Homibaba Education for Science Center
- Novels in English and Telugu Language
- Language, Literature and Reference oriented books in Telugu and English languages.
- Library is useful for Teacher Training Programmes, Text Book writers, Module writers in the field of Education. The Library is useful for capacity building of the SCERT, Professors, Lecturers and Teacher Educators and teachers in the School Education Department.